Monday, 13 February 2012

Cat lovers, you won't believe this


If I came home from work to find my beautiful cat sitting in a litter  box with half of her face off. I would probably go into shock.

In fact, Edgar's owner simply fainted.

Edgar had gone missing from her home in Winthrop Massachussetts, last week. It is believed that the injury occured when Edgar crawled  towards a car's fan belt to get warm. Elizabeth Kendrick, a surgeon at Angell Animal Medical center, performed the operation to reattach Edgar's face. Amazingly, the operation was a success.

Edgar is expected to recover fully.

I can't believe how lucky we are to live in a country where medical care for our pets is so readily available.



4 comments:

  1. An interesting story and good comment. Why not include the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Medical care for pets is readily available but also extremely expensive, I wonder how much a major surgery like this costs the owner or insurance company

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which country are you talking about in the last sentence? Winthrop Mass. is in the USA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I did not specify that. Yes Winthrop Mass is in the USA.

      Delete